Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Scary... and ironic


So... there is a Wal-Mart a few miles from my apartment. I go there for groceries sometimes, and other stuff. So far, even though I've only been here a week, I've gone like 5 times to pick up materials for classes, groceries, and to take my roommate... and now to take a wonderful picture for you guys. This is because every time I go to this Wal-Mart there is at least one prisoner transport vehicle outside. Sometimes there are two or three. I have come to the conclusion, after the first two times of going and seeing the prisoner transport, that the prisoners have some sort of contract with Wal-Mart and are probably employed there. So, assuming this was true, I was trying to figure out which employees fit the profile of a prisoner. Well, I figure they probably wouldn't employ prisoners in any position which required money exchange, so they probably weren't cashiers. Usually they only employ people at the deli and bakery who have experience there, so that was probably not it. And I doubt they would be stocking shelves or doing inventory because of the potential dishonesty there. So what job is left? Of course it's the classic position as a Wal-Mart greeter. Scary, possibly... but why ironic? Because the greeters at this particular Wal-Mart are also the people who check your receipts on the way out to make sure you aren't shoplifting. The Wal-Mart on Howell Mill road in Atlanta, Georgia has employed prisoners to make sure YOU aren't being dishonest or breaking the law. Thanks, Georgia, for making me smile. 


PS- The fact that you aren't allowed within 50 ft of the vehicle should say something...

2 comments:

  1. sure they aren't gettin weekend furloughs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No they are there EVERY day, at any time.... not just the weekends, I took this picture on a Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete